Linggo, Nobyembre 7, 2021

LOWERING OF THE GUARD



I myself had my second dose of my vaccine, just a week ago. Then IATF announced the lowering of quarantine status to alert level 2. I can't particularly remember what the status was before. But after that announcement, a lot of restriction was downgraded.

Examples are, removing of barriers from public vehicles. Allowing of minors to go with their parents in malls. Face shields are now optional, In my city, liquor ban was lifted. But as a considered fully vaccinated, because of my two doses, and a homebody, I'm still scared of what is going on.

As of my writing this, Philippines is still on the 50-60% vaccination rate, with only 30+ percent being fully vaccinated, meaning those who have the second dose already. Which only means, there is still 70% who doesn't have the full vaccine protection, which is not a 100% immunity against COVID. 95% at best, 60+percent the least in efficacy rates. Which means it prevents you getting severe symptoms, hospitalizations and worst case scenario, death.

And children are out now, most of them are not vaccinated yet, and we are freeing them. Letting them go to malls etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am in favor in some of relaxation of restrictions for the economy, but it should be gradual and not drastic. And I'm thinking it is being done, because of the elephant in the room. The coming elections.

The news is like conditioning the masses, that it okay to go out now. Health officials and personnels are skeptic. And knowing Filipino's as the saying goes, kung makalulusot, lulusot. And it's not even lusot. They are giving a lot of allowance and leeway.

Elections are important, but not as important as health. How can you vote when you're in the hospital, or someone you know is. Remember that vaccines are not 100 immunity, and we are not all vaccinated. As a saying that I saw in memes said. The probability are low, but not zero. I hoped that the lowering of the guard, doesn't result in something bad, and I'm wrong. But most of the time, they do. Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Source: 

Covid Vaccination Tracker

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento